2017 Ecotourism & Sustainable Tourism Conference Registration Information
With the year 2017 as the year designated by the UN as “The Year of Sustainable Tourism,” the Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference will be held in Ansan-si, South Korea.
Korean: 「2017 생태관광 및 지속가능관광 국제컨퍼런스」
English: 「Ecotourism & Sustainable Tourism Conference 2017」
○ Theme: The Global Impact of Ecotourism—The Future of Sea, Forest, and Humans
○ Period: Four days, from September 12 (Tuesday) to September 15 (Friday) 2017
○ Venue: Ansan Culture & Arts Center
○ Scale: 1,000 people from 70 countries (600 from Korea and 400 from overseas)
– Main event: Opening ceremony, sessions by topic (3 days, about 50 sessions), field tour (1 day)
– Side event: Ecotourism exhibition, Korean food culture experience activities, urban agriculture hanmadang event, reception dinner, etc.
○ Field tour – Five courses (Select one.)
Course 1 Daesong Wetland Bike Tour
Course 2 Daebu Island Haesol-gil Tracking
Course 3 Pungdo Island
Course 4 National Institute of Ecology
Course 5 DMZ Ecotour
○ Hosted by The International Ecotourism Society, Ansan-si, and K-water
○ Organized by Ansan-si and the Korea Ecotourism Society
○ Sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism; Ministry of Environment; Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries; Gyeonggi-do, Korea Tourism Organization; Korea Culture and Tourism Institute; National Park Management Corporation; National Institute of Ecology; Gyeonggi Tourism Corporation; Incheon Tourism Corporation; Ansan Urban Corporation; Korea MICE Association; and Ansan-si Tourism Society
□ Registration Process
1. Submit a filled-in application form (online).
2. Pay the registration fee.
3. Receive registration confirmation (via e-mail).
4. Complete the registration.
○ Application deadline: July 31, 2017 (Monday) / accepted in order of application (Application may close early.)
○ Application for registration: Search in Naver using the key word “Ecotourism Conference” or visit the home page (http://en.estc2017.or.kr/rb/).
※ For registration via e-mail or fax, please contact the Office of the Secretariat.
○ Registration fee: KRW 180,000 for the entire schedule, KRW 120,000 for the two-day schedule, and KRW 60,000 for the one-day schedule
※ All participants will be provided with a field tour opportunity.
※ Please be informed that the Organizing Committee is a nonprofit organization and issues an invoice (additional tax will not be charged).
※ If a depositor is different from the registrant’s name, please be sure to notify the Office of the Secretariat.
○ Payment information for registration fee
– Account name: Ecotourism & Sustainable Tourism Conference Organizing Committee
– Account number: Nonghyup Bank, 301-0210-6781-61
○ Participants are provided with the following:
– Meals: Lunch for all the days of participation, and dinner for the 1st and 2nd days
– Program: All the programs including sessions, field tours, etc.
○ For registration inquiries, please contact the 2017 ESTC Secretariat at the following:
– Tel: 031-481-3922 to 25; e-mail: email@example.com