A journey of healing, Icheon
Icheon is home to clean water, delicious rice, and beautiful ceramics. A trip to a new place can be exciting yet daunting. Therefore, it is important to relax and rest to ensure a pleasant trip for winter. Relax and enjoy some delicious food and your stay in Icheon will be a journey of healing.
Termeden is the first German-style hot spa resort that opened in Korea. The name Termeden is a combination of Terme meaning “hot spring” and Eden. Modeled after a German-style hot spring that is surrounded by a forest, Termeden is also enclosed by dense trees.
The circular Bade pool, which is the largest in Asia, is equipped with over ten hydrotherapy and massage facilities. Guests can enjoy the experiences of both bathing and swimming in the pool. In addition, the spa includes a pool for infants and toddlers, and other themed tubs, as well as an artificial UV room where guests can tan regardless of the season and weather, as well as a sauna. You can have fun while enjoying the various hot spa pools outdoors.
The natural alkaline hot spring water, which averages 40 degrees Celsius, is known to be the most effective for relieving fatigue and stress, as well as for boosting the skin’s health.
Termeden is ideal for a family trip because of its range of options in accommodations, including a hanok stay (traditional Korean-style houses) and caravan camping. Available in the vicinity of Termeden, these accommodations provide scenic views for guests to enjoy.
Address: 988, Sasil-ro Moga-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
If you use public transportation, take the express bus bound for Termeden at Dongseoul Bus Terminal (Gangbyeon Subway Station) that runs at 9:20 and 10:40 every morning, Monday through Sunday. The bus will take you straight to Termeden.
A great dine in Icheon
Korean diet centers on rice. You can eat rice anywhere; if you want to eat the best-quality rice, however, you should go to Icheon. Icheon rice grown on good sunlight and in good soil was served on the king’s dining table. Dine like a king in Icheon, the city of rice.
Eat like a king on Icheon Rice Street
Rice produced in Icheon was of such high quality that it was supplied to the royal kitchen and served to the kings of the old dynasties. Icheon has the perfect rice-growing conditions including plenty of sunshine, extreme differences between day and night temperatures, nutrient-rich soil, and magnesium-rich underground water. There are countless restaurants that serve Icheon rice across the city, but an area including parts of Sindun-myeon and Saeum-dong along Gyeongchung-daero, which is lined with a multitude of rice restaurants, is called Icheon Rice Street. A set menu with steamed rice typically comes with a tableful of side dishes along with a hot stone pot of freshly cooked, glossy rice, including soy bean paste soup, grilled fish, soy sauce-marinated crabs, bossam (napa wraps with boiled pork), namul (seasoned vegetables) and japchae (stir-fried glass noodles with vegetables and meat). This sumptuous meal will certainly make you feel like a king.
– Signature dishes: Wellbeing Set Menu for 12,000 won, Family Set Menu for 15,000 won
– Business hours: 11 am ~ 9 pm
– Address: 485, Hwangmu-ro, Sindun-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Tel: +82-31-638-3020
– Signature Dishes: Geogung Special for 13,000 won, soy sauce-marinated crab set menu for 19,000 won
– Business hours: 11 am ~ 9:30 pm on weekdays, 11 am ~ 10:30 pm during weekends
– 945, Seoicheon-ro, Sindun-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Tel: +82-31-637-4007
– Homepage: http://www.geogung.com(Korean)
– Signature dishes: Rice Set Menu for 12,000 won, grilled deodeok (roots of mountain herbs) for 13,000 won
– Business hours: 10 am ~ 9:30 pm
– Address: 3066, Gyeongchung-daero, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Tel: +82-31-633-3010
Imgeumnim(King) Rice House
– Signature dishes: Imgeumnim Set Menu for 39,000 won, Rice Set Menu for 12,000 won
– Business hours: 10 am ~ 9 pm
– Address: 3134, Gyeongchung-daero, Sindun-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Tel: +82-31-632-3646
– Homepage: http://www.imkumnim.com(Korean)